The dream to attain one of the most expensive cars in the world is one that is cherished by many. You would find that there are many people out there who are deeply involved in this dream. They would cut out pictures of these cars from magazines; they would endeavor to divulge every detail about them from the internet. If any new model is about to come in the market, they would be among the first ones to inquire why so expensive car. They would practically dream about the day wherein they would be able to get behind the wheels of one of those cars. There is no denying that this is no easy dream, to attain. A long journey would have to be covered by a large majority of people before they can hope to get their hands on one of these cars. Purchasing a car is considered to be a milestone, a step forward in the ladder of independence. Buying a normal car is not so easy and here we are talking about the most expensive cars whose prices are sufficient to blow the lid off many.
Reasons Behind the Price Tag of the World’s Most Expensive Cars
You must have often wondered the reason behind their high prices. Why is a Ferrari so expensive? Why can’t a Porsche come at the lower rate? Why is it that the quoted price of jaguar leaves people hyperventilating? Is a Mercedes Benz actually worth the high amount that is supposed to be paid for its purchase? Someone who has the deep interest in cars would be able to answer these questions with ease while other people would let these thoughts stay in their mind. They would, in the end, convince themselves that the reason that these cars are so expensive is because they are meant to be a luxury for a limited few. While this might be true, the thing that you must not forego is that while these cars are indeed quite expensive thereby limiting those to a selected few, the companies go to great lengths to ensure that they are able to justify the high price.
How Does One Justify the High Prices That Come with The World’s Most Expensive Cars?
How do they do so? Buy ensuring that they have thought of every aspect, by ensuring that no point is left out of consideration in any phase. Utmost attention is paid during the designing and manufacturing of these cars and it is ensured that every aspect of the car reaches perfection. They ensure that they have something new to offer with every model that they introduce. However this does not imply that you let go of the dream that one day you would get a chance to get behind the wheel of one of these cars. Consider it as a challenge. Things that are out of reach now would not be forever, working in the right direction can get you practically anything. Just make sure that you keep your eyes open so that when the right opportunity comes along, you can make use of it to turn your dream into a reality.
Top 10 Most Expensive Cars in the World
When we think of the top 10 most expensive cars in the world, the names that come into our minds in an instant are Porsche, Audi, BMW, and Mercedes-Benz. Over the years, companies like Roll-Royce and Bentley have also been providing the world with the fastest and most expensive cars. Here is the list of top 10 most expensive cars in the world.
1. 1963 Ferrari 250 GTO: $52m
The grand beauty was and still is the greatest invention ever created for the streets. The 1963 Ferrari 250 GTO has been sold for an unbelievable sum, making it the most expensive car ever sold in Britain and the second most expensive car ever known to have been sold anywhere in the world.
2. Maybach Exelero: $8m
It is a prototype with a twin turbo V12 engine of 700 hp. The beauty can run at a speed of 218 mph and can reach 62mph in just 4.4 seconds. The car is known for its appearance in a long-running German Show named Cobra 11. It was then purchased by Birdman in 2011.
3. Lamborghini Veneno Roadster: $4.5m
It is an Italian luxury and is a limited production vehicle. It is the most exclusive automobile and has earned its street cred through breathtaking performance and extreme style. It has a 6.5 liter V12 engine with a maximum speed of 221 mph.
4. Pagani Zonda Revolucion: $4.5m
With a starting price of $4.5 million, it can hit a speed limit of 217 miles per hour. Its breathtaking speed can take you to 62mph in 2.6 seconds. The insane machine will have you bending over through space and time.
5. W Motor Lykan HyperSport: $3.4m
It has been featured in Fast and Furious 7. The HyperSport can speed up to 60 mph in 2.8 seconds with its turbocharged 3.7-litre 750hp flat-six engine and has a top speed of 245mph.
6. McLaren P1 GTR: $3.3m
It might look similar to the McLaren P1, but it is actually a track version of the P1. It is a hardcore and updated version of the P1 with an astonishing 985 bhp, which combines with the 50kg weight loss over the road from the P1.
7. Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse: $2.4m
It is an invention of a French mastermind who combined the elegance of Grand Sport and the performance of Super Sport. In 2.6 seconds, it can hit 62mph out of its maximum 255.5 limit. It has an engine of 1200 hp.
8. Koenigsegg One:1: $2m
It is built by a Swedish car manufacturing company called ‘Koenigsegg’. The beast has a top speed of 267mph with an engine power of 1360hp. The speedster can take you to 62mph in 2.5 seconds.
9. Aston Martin One-77: $2m
As the name One-77 suggests, only 77 copies of this highly desired creation have been made. It has a speed limit of 220 mph and its engine can produce 750 hp. The fantastic design of its external surface is made of carbon fiber.
10. Lamborghini Reventon Roadster: $1.85m
It is said to be a dream a car for people who are fascinated by the Batmobile. This brilliant piece is said to have a top speed limit of 217mph. The Reventon goes from zero to 62mph in 3.4 seconds.
Points To Consider When Buying the Most Expensive Car in the World
It feels a bit overwhelming when you know you are going to buy the most expensive car in the world. It gives you a sense of achievement. But you can’t rest assured by thinking about that. You need to make sure that if you are making this move, you are not paying more than the actual worth of your car. Some dealers can charge you with high profit margins that can put strain on your pocket. Consider the following points for avoiding these extra charges:
- Compare the price lists from different car dealers and check what extra sum they are charging in addition to the actual price of the car. Usually a reasonable profit margin is acceptable for a dealer but don’t pay it if the profit exceeds a defined limit.
- It is always good to check what the attitude of the staff is at any dealership franchise. If the staff is friendly and willing to negotiate further according to your budget, then give them a chance. If the staff is indifferent and rigid with their pricing policy, then they are more concerned about their profits rather than your satisfaction. Ignore such dealers immediately.
- Also check if you can get some extra services from the dealership as well. These added value services can tell you a lot about the dealer and the car itself.
- Used cars can be a great way of saving plenty of your fortune. You can get the original model of your favorite brand at considerably low prices. Another way of saving is to buy the vehicles already leased by someone else but returned to the company due to some reasons. These cars when sold out again will cost considerably less.
- Looking online for these used cars can bring you to great and highly affordable options. You can search free sites for this purpose. The more you will search, the more variety you will get to avail.
- Bank car leasing packages are wonderful if you want to invest your money in a priceless asset such as a luxury car. You can get your favorite car leased after all the formalities are completed and all you need to do is to keep paying your monthly installments on time. These installments are also such amounts that you can easily put aside from your monthly budgets without cutting down other costs.
- Consult the people who are already using some luxury vehicle. They can give you great pieces of advice regarding buying a luxury car without paying the extra sum. They will also share their experiences about different luxury car brands.
- Read the user reviews online from different forums about different car dealerships. This can also give you an idea about what you should be looking for when finding the right car dealership for buying the right luxury car for you.
These steps can be very useful in defining the roadmap for a safe and satisfactory luxury car purchase.